Offering Youth Financial and Non-financial Services: Pilot Testing Youth Financial Services (Module II)
This tool is a part of a trainer’s guide series prepared by UNCDF-YouthStart. The goal of this guide is to facilitate the replication of the trainings and to help other financial service providers (FSPs) understand key issues, train staff, and launch youth-oriented services.
The tool provides FSPs with a step-by-step process to design and implement critical pilot tests of their youth financial services. It contains 13 learning activities that are designed to be delivered together over a two and a half day or three day period. Key activities of the tool are to:
- Review the importance of pilot testing;
- Assess the capacities of an FSP to pilot test;
- Determine the ideal composition of pilot test team;
- Define objectives and draft a pilot test protocol;
- Identify key data that they will have to monitor to analyze the progress of the pilot test;
- Develop assumptions for youth product financial projections;
- Map the process and develop a training plan.