SUMMIT: Call for Applications: Riau International Youth Summit 2016 in Indonesia, November 24-28, 2016
Youth, as active agents of future growth, have a great responsibility in ensuring that our nation live in a world that is better than today. Youth have to able to hold answer keys to the question ‘what is the role of young people in driving change?’ since our responses to this will affect on us and our world. The rise of youth forums and youth movements should, therefore, be supported in order to facilitate and provide space for young people determine their role and keys in shaping our better future.
Regarding this point, Youth and Sports Department of Riau Province is delighted to hold Riau International Youth Summit 2016 which is designed for young people from over the world to foster mutual understanding through dialogue and to deliberate development issues in our and their own country.
The summit engages selected youth into discussion and evidence sharing of youth work in their homeland. Moreover, the summit encourages the participants to work on issues from topics available, namely Education and Youth Entrepreneurship. The output from the summit will be developed to be appropriate strategies to address issues of abovementioned subjects to local government or to be continuously executed individually or together by the summit participants.
· International Youth Movement
“Gerakan Pemuda Internasional”
· Youth Entrepreneurship : Creative Industry
· Education : Creative Learning
· To create a base, Riau, as the centre of international youth movement;
· To contribute to environment, nation and country through youth innovative work on various fields;
· To provide young people with opportunity to express opinion, ideas and to share inspiration and evidences in addresing problems in their homeland;
· To create a network of young people who own international perspective, are responsible to their nation and inspiring for others;
· To develop leadership, creative and innovative skills possessed by young people;
· To promote Riau in international environment;
· To connect Indonesian youth as the future leaders of Indonesia to other future leaders from various countries.
Riau International Youth Summit 2016 is expected to welcome 150 participants comprised of 100 national participants and 50 international participants.
CRITERIA OF PARTICIPANTS
· Public participants, youth aged 20-30 years old from across the world. Indonesian citizens proved with valid KTP and foreigners proved with valid ID Card or passport;
· Must has min. graduated from Senior High School or equal institution;
· Must be mentally and physically fine and fit to follow the program;
· Must possess clean criminal record;
· Must be able to communicate actively in English. The language used during the summit is English;
· Must willing to be an active and positive participant to involve in discussions;
· Must commit to follow local arranged rules to ensure the program run well;
· Actively involved in an organisation, a local or social project would be also considered.
· The applicant must fill out the RIYS 2016 form available at the official site of PCMI Riau ( www.pcmiriau.or.id).
· The applicant must submit a max. 500 word essay in English related to the one of RIYS 2016 sub-themes. The best essay will be granted for a prize and the chosen sub-theme must be clearly stated;
· The essay must be original, must contain self-opinion and ideas and has never been published. Submitted essay will be privilege for the RIYS 2016 organiser;
· Absolute essay judgment will be done professionally and it can’t be disobeyed.
The facilities that will provide by the committee during the program are :
Accommodation, food and transportation
· Certificate for all participants
· Reward for many categories
· *Participant only has to pay for travelling fair from their respective country to Pekanbaru
- Best essay sub-theme: Youth Entrepreneur $375
- Best essay sub-theme: Education $375
- Best participant: Medal + merchandise + certificate
- Best action plans project: Medal + merchandise + certificate
- Best culture performance: Medal + merchandise + certificate