CONFERENCE: National Service-Learning, March 30- April 02, 2016
The mission of the National Service-Learning Conference is to bring recognition to the contributions that young people are making to change the world and to help prepare them and their adult mentors in reaching their goals. The conference does this through learning, inspiration, and connection. Both youth and adults come out of the experience with the tools and resources, ideas and inspiration, to return home to improve their practice, their schools, and their communities.
- Discover new ways to engage students and increase achievement through solving real-world problems.
- Expand your leadership knowledge base.
- Learn from thought-provoking internationally recognized leaders in education.
- Explore ways to make excellent teaching a reality in and out of every classroom.
- Leave with tools and resources you need to make real changes in your community.
Connect with Youth and Adult Leaders from Around the World!
Join the more than one thousand students, educators, and government leaders from across the country and around the world at Educate. Ignite. Transform., the 27th Annual National Service-Learning Conference, Minneapolis, Minn., March 30 – April 2, 2016. This intergenerational event provides attendees with the tools, resources, ideas, and support to return home to improve their practice, their schools, and their communities.
How do you prepare students with the skills they need to change the world?
- You engage them in complex, meaningful projects that require sustained engagement, collaboration, research, management of resources, and the development of a product or service.
- You bring service-learning into your classroom.
- You show them that they are not alone — that thousands of young people across this country and around the world are making real change at the local, national, and global level.
- You bring them to the largest gathering of youth and adults committed to changing the world with young people, for all people – the 27th Annual National Service-Learning Conference.