CYFI Awards Ceremony
We are pleased to announce that the 4th Annual Child and Youth Finance International Awards Ceremony will be held 10th December 2015 in London, United Kingdom. The event will take place at the House of Lords, hosted by Valerie Howarth, Baroness Howarth of Breckland.
The 2015 CYFI Awards recognize and honour those that achieve greatness, and those who demonstrate innovation in financial inclusion and financial, social and livelihoods education for children and youth at the national, regional and international level. The nominations for CYFI’s Annual Awards are now closed, and the winners will be announced during the ceremony.
2015 CYFI AWARDS SHORLISTED NOMINATIONS
Thanks to all institutions and CYFI partners who submitted their application for the 2015 CYFI Awards. The first round of judging has taken place and the shortlisted nominees have been decided and sent to the CYFI Jury for review. Please find the list of the shortlisted nominations for each category below. The selection process has been very competitive with many high quality applicants. Congratulations to all preselected candidates!
- Al-Amal Microfinance Bank – Yemen
- Al-Barid Bank – Morocco
- Chase Bank Kenya – Kenya
- HFC Bank – Ghana
- Kaah Islamic Microfinance – Somalia
- People’s Own Savings Bank – Zimbabwe
Civil Society Leadership Award
- Children International – United States
- GrassrootSoccer – South Africa
- Junior Achievement Armenia – Armenia
- MyBnk – United Kingdom
- My Finance Coach – Germany
- Para Durumu Kumbara- Turkey
- Society “Our Children” Opatija – Croatia
Global Money Week Award
- Africa: Ethiopia, Rwanda, Zambia
- Americas: Colombia, Guatemala, Paraguay
- Asia-Pacific: Bangladesh, Brunei, Nepal
- Middle East/North Africa: Egypt, Yemen
- Europe and Central Asia: Belarus, Netherlands
- Africa: Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda
- Americas: Jamaica, Peru, Paraguay
- Asia-Pacific: Bangladesh, India, Fiji
- Middle East/North Africa: Egypt, Morocco
- Europe and Central Asia: Croatia, Italy, Turkey, United Kingdom
As well as recognizing individuals, organizations, and government agencies that have been working in diverse capacities to achieve excellence in the aspects of Economic Citizenship Education and financial inclusion for children and youth, the Awards ceremony will also be a forum to discuss CYFI’s Post-2015 strategy. Key partners and stakeholders from the CYFI Network and youth delegates will be invited to a series of workshops taking place on 9th December, to provide input to CYFI's strategy for 2016 and beyond.
Learn more here.