Entrepreneurship Education Forum
2015 Entrepreneurship Education Forum: October 9 – 12
Pre Conference Workshops: October 9 (Coming soon)
Registration - go to http://macc.memberlodge.org/event-1886780
$489 new member rate (registration and Ambassador Level membership)
Free - The Celebration! ticket with registration by August 15. Basic Registration includes breakfast, luncheon, breaks, miscellaneous conference materials, and all professional development programming.
All educators from schools in the Consortium member states are eligible for member pricing.
Bring the team! Schools and school districts are encouraged to bring a team of leaders interested in building stronger entrepreneurship programs. Bring any faculty, counselors, curriculum specialists, advisory committee members, and local administrators involved in Entrepreneurship Education.
Deep discounts: 30% discount for the third and all additional registrations from an individual school, OR 30% discount for the fifth and all additional registrants from a school district.
$69. Includes The Celebration! for registrations received by August 15. (Guest may not be directly affiliated with any aspect of marketing/business/entrepreneurship education.)
$79. Full-time students, not in a teaching position, are eligible. Written verification of current full-time status from teacher educator is required. Rate includes Basic Registration and The Celebration! ticket.
We're offering a $100 "finder's fee" for all first-timers. When a first-timer credits you on his/her 2014 registration form, you get a $100 credit toward your own participation. (Sponsor must register for conference to be eligible for "finder's fee". Sponsor and first-timers must also register with and stay in conference hotel.) Only one discount/stipend will be granted per registration.
The Celebration! Free for all registrants (Conclave and Entrepreneurship Education Forum) if registered by August 15. $29 after August 15. Ticket for unregistered guest: $49.
The Forum hotel is the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel. I think you will like it. It is very well located to restaurants and entertainment and is attached to the convention center that we are using for the Forum sessions. Make your reservations at 1-800-468-3571, but before you do, please keep reading.
AND, please be sure that Forum gets credit for your stay. When you make your reservation, be sure to request that you be part of the MBA Conclave room block*. Usually, being part of the room block saves you money. On the outside chance that you find a lower rate at our conference hotel during the conference dates, please be sure to let us know when you check in at our on-site conference registration. Doing so will help ensure that Forum gets credit for your stay, helps us avoid attrition fees, and, ultimately, helps us provide maximum value to you.
Be a presenter for the Entrepreneurship Education Forum in Oklahoma City!
Although the program is filling up, there are still spaces available for sessions with good take-away value. Come and share the good work you are doing!
Since all sessions emphasize take-home value, the most likely proposals to be accepted are:
- Classroom activities or community projects that are replicable in other schools
- Success strategies for K-12 entrepreneurship education
- Structures within which to offer entrepreneurship education – concentrations, academies, summer camps etc.
- Ideas for increasing participation of the business community and parents
- Other new, different, creative, and replicable ideas to help strengthen the overall offering of Entrepreneurship Education.
Topics of interest for 2015
All session topics will be considered, but priorities for the 2015 Conclave include:
- Substantive classroom projects
- Activities across grade levels, especially in elementary and middle schools
- Applications in non-CTE areas – STEM or The Arts
- Creative use of CTSOs or other youth organizations
- Trends, vision, and issues relevant in today’s entrepreneurship education environment
- Integration of and support for the National Standards for Entrepreneurship Education
- Student engagement strategies and tactics, specifically those that result in business idea generation
- Involvement of the business community in new and creative ways
- Entrepreneurial communication strategies, plans, and tactics (including social media)
- HS/College Connections ◦Shared project and activities
- Unique partnership arrangements
- Various uses of technology
- Certification, exam, and other student measures
Types of sessions
- 2 1/2-hour hands-on workshops
- 6-hour hands-on workshop
- Concurrent 45-minute sessions
- QuickStop 20-minute show and tell (usable, take-away ideas)
- DeepThink Roundtable (90-minute) facilitator/presenter
How to apply
To apply to present, simply email your topic idea and specific the type session you would prefer, to [email protected] Please be certain to include:
- SUBJECT LINE: Forum Presentation
- Your name, institution or organization, state, phone number and email address
- Best time of day to reach you by phone
- Very short description of the topic you’d like to present
- Type of session you’d prefer
- A brief bio for the program
We will consider equally all applications received on or before April 30 until the program is full. Thereafter, if slots remain available, all applications will be considered as they are received. ALL applications will be acknowledged. If you don’t receive an acknowledgement, we’ve not seen your application.
Questions? [email protected]