World Youth Summit 2015 in India
WYS 2015's Cross-cutting theme is 'Youth for Global Empowerment'.
The Summit is expected to bring together 1500 participants, half of them young people, aged 18 to 29, and 350 of them will come from marginalized backgrounds, making the summit one of the most well represented youth events at the global level. A minimum of three official youth delegates will be selected by the country coordinator of each country. In addition to this, 350 more young people belonging to under-represented groups will be selected by the International Country Coordinator. Furthermore, as many as 300 youth delegates who are Indian from 29 states will be selected. The Summit has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between states and youth, the "Imphal Action Plan".
WYS has 7 thematic areas:
1. Conservation of Biodiversity for Sustainability, Disaster Risk Reductions and Youth Centered Urbanization
2. Eco- Tourism Development in North-East India and it's linkage to ASEAN Countries
3. Youth against Hunger - Poverty Eradication, Food and Nutrition Security
4. Realizing Equal Access to Quality Education and Health
5. Ensuring Inclusive Recreation, Sport and Culture
6. Preservation of Indigenous People and Our Heritage
7. Social Justice- Gender equality, Realizing peace, Reconciliation and Ending Violence