Webinar #1 - Understanding The Technology Skills Training Landscape: Framework & Tool
Globally, digital jobs are going unfilled. Thirty percent of employers in Ghana, 58 percent in Kenya, and 90 percent in South Africa reported challenges in hiring youth for technology-enabled jobs. In the United States, more than 50 percent of today's jobs require some degree of technology skills, and experts say this percentage will increase to 77 percent in the next decade. At the same time, young people aged 15 to 24 make up 40 percent of the world’s unemployed.
How can the ecosystem of implementers who offer technology skills training, organizations who fund them and others increase the effectiveness of the activities? What do entities need to understand about each other to form collaborations and linkages? Microsoft and Making Cents International offer you a framework and tool to support development of a common language and greater understanding of the unique role that each stakeholder can play.
Register now for a webinar that offers the opportunity to:
- Learn what motivates one of the world’s largest technology companies to invest in technology skills training and how they map their global workforce development investments.
- Participate in a discussion about how leading technology skills training organizations consider trade-offs between scale, customization, and cost.
- Map your initiative or investments to a newly released framework and pinpoint your contribution, what you partner to achieve, and what you leave to others to do.
- Yvonne Thomas - Microsoft
- Fiona Macaulay – Making Cents International
- Salvatore Nigro - Education for Employment (EFE)
Register today for the live webinar in your time zone:
- Monday, November 3
- EST 10:00 –10:45 AM
- GMT 2:00 – 2:45 PM
- CAT 4:00 – 4:45 PM
What time is this in my city?