Making Cents International wishes to acknowledge and thank the hundreds of organizations and individuals that contributed to building the 2011 learning program by participating as sponsors, Global Advisory Committee members, contributors to the global consultation, presenters, session reporters, volunteers, exhibitors, interns, and vendors. This publication is the result of a year-long — and more broadly, a five year — collaboration with partners that work to increase and improve economic opportunities for young people around the world.
Thank you to RTI International for their support of the Workforce Development track at the 2011 Conference and for providing the Lead Writer, Phillip Psilos, Senior Economic Growth Specialist, for the Workforce Development chapter. We would also like to make a special acknowledgement to the following additional RTI staff members: Andrew Baird, Program Area Director, Economic Growth, for his involvement on the Global Advisory Committee and for the contributions he made to the Workforce Development chapter; and Gayle Schwartz, with RTI’s Center for Stabilization, Governance and Growth, for her involvement on the Global Advisory Committee.
Making Cents also greatly appreciates the Nike Foundation’s contributions to the content pertaining to adolescent girls and young women.
Making Cents International also recognizes and acknowledges the contributions of our staff and consultants to the publication:
- Whitney Harrelson Ortiz, Director, Knowledge Exchange & Partnerships; Conference Director; Publication Director, Contributing Writer and Editor, and Developer of Annexes
- Fiona Macaulay, Founder and CEO: Strategic Direction and Review
- Elena Reilly, Consultant: Lead Writer of Chapters on: Role of Government and Policy; Growth-Oriented Business; Micro-Consignment; Asset-Based Approaches; Monitoring, Evaluation & Impact Assessment; Role of Technology; Role of Education Entertainment, Social Media, and Social Marketing; Youth Economic Opportunity in the MENA Region; Donor Strategies and Initiatives; and Collaborations in Support of Youth Economic Opportunity.
- Lara Storm-Swire, Director, Youth-Inclusive Financial Services Linkages (YFS-Link); and Alexi Taylor-Grosman, Coordinator, Youth-Inclusive Financial Services Linkages (YFS-Link): Lead Writers, Youth-Inclusive Financial Services Chapter
- Tim Nourse, President: Review
- Veronica Torres, Director, Youth Enterprise & Livelihoods Development: Review
- Veleka Burrell, Manager, New Business Development: Copy Editing
- Joanna Mast, Intern: Researcher for Development of Annexes
Thank you also to the presenters who reviewed sections of the publication pertaining to their
presentations, and to the following conference sponsors that helped make the content possible.
Inter-American Development Bank’s
Multilateral Investment Fund