JOB: Communications Manager
Your Principle Duties:
In your role as Communications Manager you will support the implementation of Making Cents International’s communications strategies. You will contribute to the development and implementation of content management system (CMS)-driven websites, developing a visually appealing online presence for Making Cents’ projects. Using your strong writing and editing skills, you will work with our youth development and knowledge management technical specialists to develop learning and communication materials that clearly tell the story of our work. You will also develop communications strategies and messages for corporate and project purposes. Drawing on your high level of comfort with social media platforms, you will develop and implement social media specific strategies to communicate project outcomes to diverse external audiences. Success in this role requires a detail-oriented, proactive individual who enjoys working in a dynamic, small business environment.
- Generate communications material such as web content, fact sheets, brochures, and reports for a range of external audiences (e.g., funders, partners, key sector area leaders, implementers, youth leaders); includes creating content and managing approvals, production, and distribution.
- Contribute to Making Cents’ corporate communication strategy and develop project-level communications strategies, specifically as related to youth development activities under the YouthPower Learning project (narrative, stories, key messages) in order to share our capabilities, expertise, and thought leadership.
- Manage a CMS-driven project website to support an information and learning network. Keep website fresh by posting content solicited from staff and external contributors, reviewing past content, making editorial updates, and identifying new content (e.g., new reports, articles, events, blogs).
- Manage social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) engagement and content.
- Write and edit a variety of documents (e.g., website content, publications, articles, presentations) and learning products (e.g., evaluations, tools, research) on behalf of technical experts for distribution to external audiences.
- Provide analysis, analytics reports, advice, and/or implementation assistance on public awareness campaigns, public relations, information dissemination, graphic design, advocacy campaigns, and media outreach.
- Assist projects/units with creative communications needs, ensuring consistency with corporate and project identity standards.
- Support the creation and active maintenance of learning networks where members contribute to, share, and benefit from knowledge about specific programming areas through in-person and virtual discussions.
- Develop strong relationships with communications specialists in Making Cents’ networks.
- Support the development and delivery of in-person and virtual (webinars, webcasts and other digital media) learning events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years’ progressively responsible professional experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in communications
- At least two years’ hands-on experience in applying the principles of visual design to effectively display information online
- Extensive writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated experience with website planning, design, and management
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship required
Our ideal candidates are:
- Graduates of a master’s degree program
- Interested in international development and youth development
- Exceptional writers, communicators, and presenters
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledgeable of html and Drupal CMS and want to learn more
Regular office environment, ability to travel in less developed countries up to 10% of the time required.
Deadline for application submission is March 10, 2018. Cover letters with resume are required.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics