TRAINING: Agribusiness Training Opportunity for Ghanaian Youth, Nov 2016
Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA)
Admission of Candidates to Three-month Intensive Training in Vegetable Production under GreenHouse and Irrigation Technology at Dawhenya Irrigation Scheme
(GreenHouse and Capacity Building and Training Centre)
The Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Food and Agriculture has secured funding for the training of the youth in the use of green (net) houses in the production of local and exotic vegetables. This is an exciting opportunity for motivated youth who are highly interested in producing vegetables for both the local and export markets.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for enrolment into the 13-week training programme beginning in January 16, 2017.
The applicant should:
· Have a minimum of a Diploma in General Agriculture
· Have completed National Service
· Have two years practical engagement (crops)
· Must be between the ages of 21-35 years
· Should be physically fit for practical agricultural activity
· Demonstrate high interest in agricultural production
· Be willing to engage in vegetable production as a source of livelihood
· Be willing to abide by the code of conduct of the training centre
· Young ladies are encouraged to apply
1. The government will provide free accommodation, feeding and tuition during the training period
2. Hardworking trainees will be assisted to set up their own farms
3. Trainees may constitute themselves into well-organised groups after training and be assisted to source for loans from financial institutions to undertake their own production
4. Trainees can take advantage of the numerous interventions by the government for the youth in agricultural production.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their applications including CVs (resume) and photocopies/scanned copies of certificates to:
HR Manager of Agritop Agritop, P.O. Box KIA 30408 Accra
Soft copies may be forwarded to email: [email protected]
You may contact telephone numbers:
054 433 4141, 024 237 5816 for confirmation of receipt of submitted application.
Applications should be submitted before November 30th, 2016
Originally published by: The Agricinghana