FORUM: Telenor Youth Forum-Oslo Norway, October 2016
Ready to transform the world we live in and to give your ideas a global platform to shape our digital future?
Join us at the Telenor Youth Forum, and engage in dialogue and communication across boundaries — real or imagined, physical or mental — that aim to foster understanding, prosperity and ultimately peace.
We’re not looking for simple solutions, we’re looking for interesting perspectives, unexpected stories, and insightful dialogue. We’re offering you a global stage, opportunities to meet and discuss with leaders and luminaries within their fields, and a social and professional experience of a lifetime.
· Between 20 and 28 years of age in 2016;
· Fluent in English;
· A permanent resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Denmark, Hungary, India, Malaysia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Norway, Pakistan, Serbia, Sweden, Thailand;
· Passionate about driving social, economic and/or environmental change in your community with some proven experience;
· Attending university or have completed higher education;
· Someone with big ideas and a desire to make a difference.
· Then we want to hear YOUR vision for a better society.
Why join the Telenor Youth Forum?
· Kick-off event in Oslo, Norway.
· Join a global team of youth to tackle a social challenge.
· Access to world class mentors and chance to build a relationship with Telenor.
· Take part in the Nobel Peace Prize festivities, including the concert event.
· A mid-year event in Bangkok.
· Create a digital exhibition of your work, with the Nobel Peace Center.
· Certificate of participation from Telenor Group and the Nobel Peace Center.
· One year as the Telenor Youth Forum delegate in your home country.
· Build relationship with Telenor ad keep them updated on your project work.
· Participation in two physical events, one in Oslo and the other in Bangkok.
· Virtual work with your project team throughout 2017; recommended time commitment approx. 2 hours per week.
Here’s how to submit your application.
Please take a moment to read this information before entering the application system:
Fill in your personal details, providing relevant information about yourself.
Under the section “Cover Letter”, submit a blog-style post about your passion and experience in driving social, economic and/or environmental change in your community. Your text should be max 350 words.
Upload your CV to the system. Please review and make sure you are happy with your application.
May 1 – Application opens (May vary per market)
August 31 – Application closes (May vary per market)
September – Successful candidates notified
October – Public announcement of final candidates for Telenor Youth Forum 2016
gathers 2 candidates from each of Telenor Group’s 13 markets in the Nordic region, Central Eastern Europe and Asia. In total, 26 candidates will be invited to the event in Oslo.
The selection process is completed within the home market of the candidate in consultation with Telenor
Ready to transform the world we live in and to give your ideas a global platform to shape our digital future? APPLY HERE!