FELLOWSHIP: YSEALI Professional Fellowship, March 2016
Learn how to become a YSEALI Professional Fellow. Or, if you are 18-25, you could be eligible to be a YSEALI Academic Fellow.
What is it?
Over the course of a year, 250 YSEALI Professionals will have five-week placements in U.S. non-profit organizations and state and local government offices. YSEALI Professional Fellows will work in the field of:
· Civic engagement
· NGO management
· Economic empowerment
· Legislative process
· Environmental and natural resources management
Who is eligible to apply?
Young professionals from all 10 ASEAN countries who are leading change and innovation in civil society, the public sector, or the private sector.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applicants must be:
· Be community leaders, ages 25-35, currently employed and with at least two years of professional experience at the time of application;
· Have a track record of making an impact in their community, institution or company;
· Be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
· Be a citizen of, and currently residing in, one of the ten ASEAN member nations
What are the selection criteria?
· Demonstrate a strong track record of leadership or positive impact in their community or workplace;
· Demonstrate knowledge, or professional experience in one of the YSEALI themes: civic engagement, environment and natural resources management, or entrepreneurship and economic development;
· Demonstrate a commitment or interest to community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
· Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States and ASEAN as a region;
· Be willing to actively participate in a professional work environment to develop professional capacities and leadership skills;
· Have a commitment to return to their home country to apply leadership skills and training to benefit their community, country, or the ASEAN region; and
· Preferably have little or no prior work, study, or travel experience in the United States.
How do I apply?
Visit http://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/yseali-professional-fellows-program for details and information on applying.
What is the application process timeline?
· Mar 1 – Apr 15, 2016: Applications accepted
· Apr – May 2016: Review of applications and Shortlisting of Applicants
· June 2016: Interviews of Shortlisted Candidates
· July 2016: Interviews Conclude and Finalists Selected
Sept – Oct 2016: U.S. Exchange Program Begins
Originally posted by: Young Southeast Asian Leaders