YTH Youth Advisory Board
YTH’s Youth Advisory Board is made up of talented young leaders (aged 18 to 24) from across the country who are passionate about sexual and reproductive health and want to make a difference in the lives of underserved youth. These leaders work closely with YTH staff to apply their leadership and insight to our youth-centered, technology-based approach to health. Meet the current YTH Youth Advisory Board members.
YTH is now accepting applications to expand its Youth Advisory Board for the 2015-16 term. By joining the YTH Youth Advisory Board, young people can develop leadership skills, gain direct experience using technology and new media for health and wellness, and help change the world! And they’ll get valuable professional experience that helps them land a job after graduation.
Board members gain access to numerous personal and professional development opportunities, such as training, leadership skill-building, hands-on experiences, networking, and free registration to participate in our annual conference, YTH Live.
Applications are due Friday, July 31, 2015.
Successful applicants to YTH’s Youth Advisory Board:
· Are age 18 to 24.
· Are a leader in their community or have a desire to become a leader.
· Have an interest in sexual health and reproductive health, or public health in general.
Young people of color and of diverse sexual orientation and gender expression are encouraged to apply.
YTH’s Youth Advisory Board members must be able to make a commitment of 1 year and work an average of 4 hours per month on Board-related activities that include:
· Online team meetings
· Blogging and social media participation and outreach
· Giving input on YTH projects
· Attending our annual YTH Live conference
Youth Advisory Board members receive the following benefits:
· Training: Learn about new media and technology, how to grow a community online and offline, how to improve your communication and presentation skills, and more.
· Participation in professional events: Get free registration for YTH Live, YTH’s annual conference, and represent YTH at other conferences on youth, health and technology.
· Leadership development: Actively participate in YTH’s programs and campaigns by sharing your expertise.
· Networking: Collaborate and meet other young leaders across the country who are equally passionate about sexual and reproductive health, youth advocacy, and technology.
A complete application consists of the following components:
· Application form
· One letter of recommendation from an adult that has known you for at least 2 years. The letter must be sent by your reference to [email protected] with the subject, “Letter of Recommendation for [Applicant Name]”
· Friday, July 31, 2015: Application, letter of recommendation, and resume are due.
· Early August 2015: YTH will contact candidates who make it past the initial application review to set up 20 minute phone interviews.
· Friday, August 21, 2015: Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email.