How to Integrate Mobile Solutions into Development Projects
FHI 360 and OpenRevolution, with funding and support from USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia through the mSTAR project, have launched the “Integrating Mobiles into Development Projects” handbook to address the over-excited, under-planned side of M4D deployment.
The handbook is divided into two sections. The first section is meant to be an in-depth guide of everything you might need to know about mobiles – great for skeptics and dreamers, alike. The second section provides practical tips and information related to integrating mobiles into a project in practice, including our six-step approach to project design.
- Identify potential roles for mobiles to reinforce project goals
- Determine requirements for using mobiles
- Collect data to understand the landscape
- Decide if use of mobiles in a project is feasible and appropriate
- Validate assumptions and preliminary findings
- Integrate conclusions into Concept Paper