Empowering Women and Girls: A Policy Event Series for 2017
Empowering Women and Girls:
A Policy Event Series for 2017
by Plan International USA and the Woodrow Wilson Center
April 25th, 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM: Women’s Leadership for Stability and Security
The threat and onset of conflict can increase women’s marginalization, or it can become an opportunity to empower women and increase the chances of a peaceful outcome for everyone. The empirical evidence is overwhelming: where women’s inclusion is prioritized, peace is more likely—particularly when women are in a position to influence decision-making. With their collaborative responses to making peace and rebuilding societies, women consistently address exclusion as a source of conflict and instability, helping to ensure that peace will last.
Opening Remarks –
- Gwen Young, Director, Global Women’s Leadership Initiative, Woodrow Wilson Center
- Tessie San Martin, President/CEO, Plan International USA
- H.E. Dr. Joyce Banda, Wilson Center Fellow and former President of Malawi
- Robin Lerner, Senior Policy Advisor and Counselor, State Department’s Office of Global Women’s Issues
- Gabriela Bucher, Country Director, Plan International Colombia
- Moderator: Gwen Young
Tuesday, April 25th from 1:30 PM to 2:45 PM
Woodrow Wilson Center | One Woodrow Wilson Plaza, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004
To register click here.